Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's Southeast Division reunion in the 'Peg from Vogs, NHL.com, Winnipeg Sun, Peerless and Puck Buddys, and be sure to check out our SB Nation pals over at Arctic Ice Hockey for the other side of tonight's matchup.
- With two wins and a loss last week, there were some ups and downs in our Ups and Downs. [Rink]
- News and notes from yesterday out at Kettler as the team prepared to head out of town:
- Braden Holtby challenged. Steve Oleksy dangled. Brooks Laich cashed in. And it all mattered. [Rink]
- Good stuff here on the offense the Caps create when they carry the puck into the offensive zone rather than dumping it in. [WaPo]
- The top line could stand to be better at even strength (regardless of what their respective plus-minuses say). [CSNW]
- Power rankings! [ESPN, TSN]
- You may like Joe B. and Locker, but these young ladies may well like them more than the Caps broadcasters' own parents do. [RMNB]
- And the Hershey Bears' Number One Star for the week is... encouraging. [Patriot-News]
- Roman Hamrlik retired from hockey yesterday, but he didn't mention Alex Ovechkin in his farewell address, so he's dead to me. (Just kidding. Godspeed, Hammer.) [CSNW, Puck Daddy, Caps Outsider]
- Finally, happy 45th birthday to Terry Yake and happy 33rd to Matt Pettinger.
More from Japers' Rink:
- Capitals Ups and Downs: Week 3
- The Noon Number: Talk About Unselfish...
- Capital Moments that Mattered: Braden Holtby, Steve Oleksy and a Two-Goal Swing