Your savory breakfast links:
- Oh boy. Two wins and five losses to start the season; how did the Caps get here?
- It's the defense. [WaPo, Pressbox Baltimore, THN]
- It's these three things... [PHT]
- ...unless it's these five things. [WaPo]
- It's the general manager. [THW]
- It's the goalie. Err, the other guy's goalie. [Cross Checks Blog, Eye on Hockey]
- It's the slow starts, to both games and seasons. [Rink, Eye on Hockey, Globe & Mail]
- It's a mental letdown, or sloppy coverage, or a lack of urgency. Call it what you will, but the Caps are fishing the results out of their own net. [Rink]
- Your Capitals Minute for today. [Capitals Voice]
- In happier news, the Bears are prepping for puck drop in St. John's tonight, and ready to say hello to old friend Andrew Gordon. [Patriot-News]
- The Miami RedHawks take on North Dakota tonight on CBS Sports Network, and Riley Barber is in the spotlight. [United States of Hockey]
- Will he or won't he? Evgeny Kuznetsov has his move to McLean all planned out, unless. [RMNB]
- Brooks Laich has a Canadian satellite dish at his Virginia home. Because of course he does. [Sports Bog]
- Finally, happy 34th birthday to Alex Henry.
More from Japers' Rink:
- Japers' Rink Mailbag: A Slump or More and Where to Spend
- Clyde's Shots: Capitals-Rangers, October 16, 2013
- The Noon Number: Know PPGs, Know Wins; No PPGs...
- Capital Moments that Matter: Ryan Callahan's Backbreaking Goal