Jana Chytilova/Freestyle Photo
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: the Caps stumble in Ottawa, Green is rejuvenated, it's time to PANIC (not really) and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from us, Monumental video (Oates, players), Vogs, NHL.com, AP, WaPo (gamer, blog), WashTimes, Peerless, Caps Basketball, DSP, Capitals Outsider and RMNB with the view from across the border from the Ottawa Sun, the Ottawa Citizen (quotes, pics, Scanlan), the Globe and Mail (and again) and our SB Nation pals over at Silver Seven.
- The Senators mounted an impressive comeback last night despite being without the services of top center (and noted Caps-killer) Jason Spezza, who was out with an upper-body injury. [SLAM! Sports, CSNW]
- Meanwhile the Caps went back to what seemingly worked over the weekend, with Alex Ovechkin back on a line with Joey Crabb and Jay Beagle... much to Pierre McGuire's dismay. [Bog]
- Adam Oates smiled! He smi-...oh, wait, it's over. [Caps Basketball]
- Lots of Caps-related goodies in Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts this week, including the fact that the Caps have no immediate plans to change things around. Yet. [CBC]
- Panic! It's time to panic!! Dear god, what are you people still doing in your seats...TO THE LEDGE!!! [Grantland, Capital Spirit]
- If the captain doesn't start to captain (and soon), the Caps are going nowhere fast (and for a long time). [DSP]
- With a new coach, a shortened warm-up and little time to adjust, is it fair to say the entire season is something of a training camp for the Caps? [Peerless]
- The Caps may be off to a slow start, but it's full speed ahead for a 100%-healthy Mike Green. Hear, hear. [DCEx, CSNW]
- Meanwhile in the AHL, the Bears are nearing the halfway-point of their season - and may have to make a move or two to make the playoffs. [LDNews]
- Alex Ovechkin: Cover Boy. [Alex Ovetjkin]
- If you're looking to share some pre-game libations with Rink-tastic people, you're in luck - raise a glass this Friday before the Caps take on the Flyers! [FanShot]
- And finally, happy 41st birthday to Chris Simon - enjoy this classic Caps' ad in Big Si's honor: