Marc DesRosiers-US PRESSWIRE
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps ready for a roadie with stop one in the Canadian capital, Michal Neuvirth is playing it cool, AO is still mucking with grinders and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's showdown with the Senators from Vogs, NHL.com, STATS, Peerless, RtR and Sick Unbelievable, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Silver Seven for more from the other side of tonight's match-up.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday out at Kettler:
- In general. [Monumental video (Oates, Backstrom, Alzner, Chimera, Brouwer), WashTimes (and again), WaPo, DSP]
- A bit more on that whole Ovechkin-Beagle-Crabb thing that's apparently still a thing. [WaPo, CSNW, DCEx, SI]
- Brooks Laich is on the trip, and probably not just to visit the team that drafted him. [CSNW]
- Michal Neuvirth (tonight's "no-brainer" starter) is cool, calm and collected... exactly what the Caps have needed during this rocky start. [WashTimes, WaPo, CSNW]
- If you look back at Friday night's win in Jersey, you can see the building blocks were there. [Dump 'n Chase]
- "Predictable and pedestrian" - description of AO or description of describing AO as "predictable and pedestrian"? Probably a bit of both right now. [Puck Daddy]
- Worthwhile leftovers and fallout from Sunday's big win. [WaPo (and again), WashTimes, NBC4, Caps Daily]
- A glance back at the week that was... [Peerless]
- ... and ahead to the week that will be. [CSNW]
- Mike Green looking like Mike Green again is one of a few early-season bright spots. [Sick, Unbelievable]
- Important laundry update! [Capitals]
- Has the worm turned on Lady Luck? [Sick, Unbelievable]
- Some thoughts on how to fix the Caps. (Spoiler alert: the captain raising his level of play may be mentioned). [Capitals Outsider]
- Noted Ravens fan Joel Ward makes his Super Bowl prediction. [WUSA9]
- Nicklas Backstrom... gnome? (Not personally, but I certainly know of him.) [Hockey Shopped]
- Stanislav Galiev's professional career may not be off to the start that some had hoped, but he seems to be handling the ECHL nicely. [Reading Eagle]
- Finally, lots of candles to blow out today: Ed Kastelic is 49, Jason Doig is 36, Roman Tvrdon is 32 and Chris Bourque is 27. Many happy returns, gents (and here's to the late Wayne Stephenson, who would've been 68 today).