Your savory breakfast links:
● If there's an equivalent of the Sherman Act in Sweden, it was used yesterday to slap the Swedish Elite League on the wrist regarding its blanket prohibition of allowing its teams to negotiate with locked-out NHLers. Know any teams with Swedes looking for work? (I do.) [Puck Daddy]
● Oh, and if you don't have man-parts, here's an article just for you, sistah! [Globe and Mail]
● Development Camp must've whet Adam Oates's appetite something fierce... [Dump 'n Chase]
● ... but, um, whatcha doin' these days, Coach? [RtR]
● Love, love, love the idea of doing something positive to make a statement during this lockout silliness, but have one humble suggestion - turn your jerseys inside-out to symbolize your displeasure with the League. [Hockey Shopped]
● Tom Wilson and Connor Carrick kicked off the Plymouth Whalers' season with a 6-5 overtime loss to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. Wilson went 0-1-1, minus-1 and Carrick was 1-0-1, plus-1 on the night. The Whalers will play their home opener tonight against the Belleville Bulls, featuring Brendan Gaunce and two Subban brothers. [OHL, game report]
● Finally, happy 53rd birthday to Harvie Pocza.