BOSTON, MA - APRIL 21: Troy Brouwer #20 of the Washington Capitals celebrates his game winning powerplay goal at 18:33 against Tim Thomas #30 of the Boston Bruins in Game Five of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at TD Garden on April 21, 2012 in Boston, Massachusetts. The Capitals defeated the Bruins 4-3. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
● Keeping the band together: Troy Brouwer inks a 3-year, $11 million contract extension. [Rink, Capitals, Dump 'n' Chase, NHL.com, WaPo (and again), WashTimes (and again), CSNW (and again), 106.7 The Fan (audio), SB Nation DC, PHT, Sporting News, Eye on Hockey, Puckhead, Capitals Outsider, Caps Across The Pond]
● Johnny Nascar comes in for his annual prognosticatin'. [Peerless]
● Joel Ward is skating again, gingerly. [NBC4]
● Awesome Matt Hendricks is awesome. [Caps365 (pic)]
● Vogs sits down with Marcus Johansson, who may or may not have noticed his team added a pretty good veteran centerman this offseason. [Caps365 (video)]
● Mike Green, Nicklas Backstrom, and Brooks Laich will pretty up an Alexandria playgound today - and that's before they start building the tree house. [@CapitalsPR]
If When the League drops the hammer and locks out on Saturday, here's some employment possibilities for hockey folk. [Caps B-Ball]
● Will locked-out fans stay locked out when hockey comes back? [HockeyShopped]
● With the arrival of Robert Griffin III, does Alex Ovechkin's DC star begin to dim? It certainly doesn't help for AO to be in exile in Russia. [Sick Unbelievable]
● Happy 36th birthday to Jose Theodore.
● And finally, Defending the Blue Line can use your vote. And the votes of your friends. Go here and tell 'em Hendy sent you.