PHILADELPHIA, PA - OCTOBER 20: Alex Ovechkin #8 of the Washingtson Capitals cores at 19:48 of the first period against the Philadelphia Flyers and is joined by John Carlson #74 at the Wells Fargo Center on October 20, 2011 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
● John Carlson isn't worried about not having a contract and doesn't seem too bothered by the current labor strife. Mellow dude. [WaPo here and here (with mention of a half-dozen Caps and an enemy skating out at Kettler), WashTimes, NBC4 Washington, PHT]
● Imagine an NHL without free agency or trades. The owners' latest collective bargaining proposal? Nah, just a thought exercise. [Eye On Hockey]
● Vityaz, on the other hand, could be interested... in publicly claiming interest, at least. [R-Sport]
● Mike Ribeiro: Beautifying. [Hockey Shopped]
● I'm not saying there won't be NHL hockey this year... but perhaps the release of the Bears' promotional schedule is of a little more interest this time around. [Bears]
● Finally, happy 52nd birthday to Tim Tookey.