Your savory breakfast links:
● Nearly a year to the day after Matt Bradley speaking his mind sent the hockey world into a tizzy, Michal Neuvirth's blunt answers regarding some teammates (current and former) and a former coach provided similar mid-summer fodder. Ah, August. [CSNW (video), WashTimes, NBC4 Washington, Sportsnet, The Goalie Guild, Sporting News, Backhand Shelf, Eye On Hockey, PHT, Puckhead]
● Adam Oates is on a panel of NHL Illuminati "discussing the nuances of what constitutes a penalty and what does not." (Hopefully he'll successfully push to retroactively legalize high-sticking double-minors in the final thirty seconds of playoff games.) [CSNW]
● How many Caps are among the NHL's top-50 players? And how many former Caps are? [KK]
● Remembering Ron Weber's last call... [Capitals Voice]
● ... the summer the Caps were saved... [SB Nation DC]
● Finally, happy 48th birthday to Dean Evason.