WASHINGTON, DC - MAY 05: Mike Green #52 of the Washington Capitals brings the puck down the ice against the New York Rangers in Game Four of the Eastern Conference Semifinals during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Verizon Center on May 5, 2012 in Washington City. Washington won the game 3-2. (Photo by Greg Fiume/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
● On Monday, the Caps locked up one of their two remaining restricted free agents, inking Mike Green to a three-year, $18.25 million deal.
○ ... but it got done... [Capitals, Ted's Take, WWaPo, WashTimes, CSNW (and again), 106.7 The Fan, NBC4 Washington, SB Nation DC, PHT, DSP (and again), RMNB, HomerMcFanboy, RtR (and again), WNST, Sick Unbelievable, Guest of a Guest]
● Adam Oates shows George McPhee's kid a thing or two on the ice. [Caps Basketball]
● Just about time for the Caps to cap their cap? [DCEx]
● If you're so inclined, you can now download the Caps' 2012-13 schedule in a variety of formats
so you can be reminded of who they would be playing on a given night in the fall while we all sit around waiting for the labor issues to be resolved. [Capitals]
● The dog days are upon us. [Peerless]
● Bryan Murray, Hall of Famer? [106.7 The Fan]
● No longer will the boss be taking your emails, so you'll need to find somewhere else for your borderline-sane rantings and ravings. (Yeah, we'll take 'em.) [Ted's Take]
● Finally, happy 22nd birthday to Danick Paquette, I suppose.