WASHINGTON, DC - MAY 05: Mike Green #52 of the Washington Capitals brings the puck down the ice against the New York Rangers in Game Four of the Eastern Conference Semifinals during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Verizon Center on May 5, 2012 in Washington City. Washington won the game 3-2. (Photo by Greg Fiume/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
● Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday's win from us, Caps365 video (Hunter, Caps players, Green, Tortorella, Rangers players), Vogs, Capitals Voice, NHL.com, WashTimes (gamer, blog, blog), WaPo (gamer, blog, shot chart, Page A1), DCEx, CSNW (gamer, blog), 106.7 The Fan, SB Nation DC, Puck Daddy, PHT, Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB (gamer, blog, blog), DSP, KOL, OFB (and again), RtR, Puckhead, Caps Examiner, Cap Centre, Hockey Hourly, NY Daily News (pics) and clydeorama (pics).
○ Changes in attitude ... [WaPo, ESPN]
○ ... changes in Natitude ... [Pass Shoot Score, WaPo]
○ ... nothing remains quite the same ... [WashTimes, Sporting News]
○ ... with some horses a'running and a bit older gunning ... [Caps Outsider, Puck Daddy]
○ ... momentum shifts keep us all in the game. [NY Daily News, NYPost]
● Alex Ovechkin on Dan Girardi. Discuss. Or don't. [WaPo, WashTimes, CSNW, Puck Daddy, PHT, NY Daily News, NHL.com, NY Post]
● Braden Holtby, getting plenty of help ... [NHL.com]
● ... and a pretty awesome video. [FanShot]
● A little prospect news:
○ Stanislav Galiev and the Saint John Sea Beasts are halfway to the QMJHL Championship, having won their first game in double overtime and the second in regulation. Stas' assist in Game One tied him with Mike Bossy in all-time Q career playoff points at 73. With five more points he can shake hands with Claude Giroux.
● Finally, happy 62nd birthday to Bob Gryp.