Your savory breakfast links:
● Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday's "coach and spare goalies day" out at Kettler:
○ ‘[N]o video, no nothing.’ The team got the day off from hockey. [WaPo]
○ The few players on-ice at Kettler were members of the freshly called-up Black Aces squad. [KOL]
○ Reversing a trend of losing playoff OT games feels pretty good. Gah. [NYDN]
○ ... as are Ma and Pa Holtby. [Puck Daddy]
● Confidence, the Caps haz it. [NYPost]
○ Mike Vogel recalls previous overtime losses in Caps' franchise history. This one feels different ... [Dump 'n' Chase]
○ ... just ask the Caps' assistant equipment manager, who's also seen all those brutal multi-OT losses ... [WaPo]
○ ... or read here, where the past is prologue and the scars never fade. [OFB]
○ The extra hour of Metro cost $29,500 ... and the team may pick up part of the tab. [WaPo]
○ Boffo box office - playoff hockey outdrew playoff basketball for the first time in like, ever. [Half Smokes]
● Nice to meet you, Mr. Inflatable-Caps-player-on-my-roof-in-Georgetown Man. [DC Sports Bog]
● Pierre McGuire and Barry Melrose, it is on. [DC Sports Bog]
● Here's your daily call to beardly charitable action.
● Finally, the puck drops a 6 tonight for Game One in Harbour Station as the Saint John Sea Beasts will work to repeat as QMJHL champions against the Rimouski Oceanic.