Your savory breakfast links:
● A standing ovation for Dale Hunter. Ah, well. [DC Sports Bog]
○ Priorities, priorities. [Patriot-News]
○ Taking a ride on the coaching carousel. [WaPo]
● UFA's spotted over Washington ... [THW]
○ ... as his agent throws a bucket of water on the burning bridge, and issues his clients' requirements for continuing employment with the Caps. Or any team, for that matter. [106.7 The Fan]
○ ... as John Walton worked on his Natitude ... [@WaltonCaps]
● The World Championships are entering the quarterfinal rounds today. Here's a look back at the preliminary rounds ... [Kukla]
○ ... as Alex Ovechkin and Alex Syomin take on Norway at 8:45am Eastern...
○ ... and Nicklas Bäckström has a date with the Czech Republic at 2:15pm.
● Finally, the NHL issued its formal notice yesterday that it intends to renegotiate the Collective Bargaining Agreement that governs its relations with the players. As this will most likely dominate the discussion this summer, let's educate ourselves. [Offside Sports Law Blog, and be sure to follow @EricOnSportsLaw]