NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 30: Alex Ovechkin #8 of the Washington Capitals celebrates with teammates Marcus Johansson #90 and Nicklas Backstrom #19 after Ovechkin scored a goal to give the Capitals a 3-2 lead in the third period in Game Two of the Eastern Conference Semifinals during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Madison Square Garden on April 30, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
● Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Caps365 video (Hunter, Caps players), Vogs, Capitals Voice, NHL.com, WaPo (gamer, blog, shot chart), WashTimes (gamer), DCEx (gamer), CSNW (gamer, blog), 106.7 The Fan, SB Nation DC, Puck Daddy, SI, PHT, Peerless, Frankovic, RMNB, DSP, KOL, OFB (and again), RtR (and again), Caps Outsider, Puckhead, Sick Unbelievable and Hockey Hourly, and Scotty Hockey, Hockey Rodent and Blueshirt Banter from the Rangers' side of things.
○ Setting the scene pregame: soccer, supermodels and Susan Lucci. [CSNW]
○ Good thing Dale Hunter ultimately decided not to mess with that fourth line. [WaPo]
The blueliners were hit early, hit often and hit hard. But they stood tall. [DCEx]
○ Welcome home. [Capitals Overtime]
● Quote of the playoffs, from the captain: "Sometimes I make that kinds of decisions and after that I just think, ‘Jesus, why I do that?’" [WaPo]
● Good stuff on the Caps' impotent power play from yesterday afternoon, but it's, uh, still sorta applicable. [Dump 'n Chase]
● The Caps haven't enjoyed playing against themselves. [WaPo]
● How Hunter's system is like Brazilian jiu-jitsu. [HomerMcFanboy]
● ... who may not be getting a fair shake here in D.C. [BrooksLaichYear]
● Questions abound in Chocolatetown. [Patriot-News (and take a look back at the Bears season at Capitals Outsider)]
● Here's your daily call to beardly charitable action.