BOSTON, MA - APRIL 25: The Washington Capitals celebrate the overtime win after Game Seven of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at TD Garden on April 25, 2012 in Boston, Massachusetts. The Washington Capitals defeated the Boston Bruins 2-1 in overtime. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
● :: exhale ::
● Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday's series-clinching OT win from us, Caps365 video (Hunter, Caps players, Hendricks, handshakes), Vogs, Capitals Voice, NHL.com, WashTimes (gamer, blog, blog, blog), WaPo (gamer, blog, blog, blog, photos), DCEx, CSNW (gamer, blog, Beninati), Boston Globe, WEEI, Puck Daddy (and again), Yahoo! Sports, ESPN, TSN (and again (video), THN (and again), SI (and again), Eye on Hockey, Backhand Shelf, Sporting News, NYT, Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB (gamer, blog, blog), DSP, KOL, Caps Outsider, RtR, Puckhead, THW, Pass Shoot Score, Caps B-Ball and Hockey Hourly.
○ ... and say, that fella wearing #22 and creating that OT goal looks familiar ... [BHerald]
● Twenty four hours of awesome in DC sports. [DC Sports Bog]
● Now comes the "hurry-up-and-wait" phase to determine the Caps' second-round opponent. [NHL.com]
● "That wasn’t pretty - that was beautiful." Uncle Ted savors his team's victory ... [DCEx]
○ ... and for his coach. [Sick Unbelievable]
● ... 2:57 of overtime, to be exact. Which is precisely how much OT the Caps needed to score their victory. I guess I know which numbers to play for Pick Three. [Sick Unbelievable]
● JP's playoff beard will live! So give.
● Finally, happy 58th birthday to Pat Ribble.