April 14, 2012; Boston, MA, USA; Boston Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference (right) and center David Krejci (46) react as the Washington Capitals celebrate their victory over the Boston Bruins in game two of the 2012 Eastern Conference quarterfinals at TD Garden. The Capitals won 2-1 in two overtimes. Mandatory Credit: Mark L. Baer-US PRESSWIRE
Your savory breakfast links:
● Programming note: Game 6 will start at 3:00 (well, a handful of minutes after three, but you know what I mean) Sunday.
● Previews of today's Game 5 with the Bruins from Vogs, NHL.com, WashTimes, CSNW (video), PHT (video), Peerless, Puck 'N Hockey and RtR, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Stanley Cup of Chowder for more coverage from the other side of today's match-up and throughout the series.
● Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday's optional Caps practice:
○ And one from the funny pages. [NESN]
● Hey, did you know that Keith Aucoin is from just outside Boston? Maybe you'd heard it mentioned a time or twelve. [BHerald]
● Observations from a couple of Boston legends. [Peerless]
● The Bruins' broadcast partner wants your best "Photochop." Alrighty then. [NESN]
● Handing out awards to our friends at CSN Washington? Sure, why not. [Action on the Ice]
● The Owner's doing his part to take over Massachusetts, it seems. [Inquirer and Mirror]
● The Bears dropped Game 1 of their first-round series and will look to even things up tonight. [Patriot-News]
● On this date in 1994, Joe Reekie scored two goals in a game for the only time in his 953-game career and it was twice as much offense as the Caps needed to take a 2-1 series lead over Pittsburgh. [Capitals]
● Here's your daily call to beardly charitable action.