March 6, 2012; Washington, DC, USA; Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Justin Faulk (28) scores the game winning goal against Washington Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth (30) in overtime at Verizon Center. The Hurricanes won 4-3. Mandatory Credit: Geoff Burke-US PRESSWIRE
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from us, Caps365 video (Hunter, Caps players, Muller, 'Canes players), Vogs, , VoiceNHL.com, WaPo (gamer, blog), WashTimes (gamer, blog), CSNW (gamer, blog, blog), DCEx (gamer, blog), 106.7 The Fan, SB Nation DC, Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB (and again), DSP, KOL, RtR, hockey hourly and clydeorama (pics).
- Are the Caps a playoff team? Flip a coin (and hope it comes up heads, like, five times in a row). [CSNW]
- On Alex Ovechkin and the "C" on his sweater (and not the one in the team's wordmark, either)... [Washingtonian]
- ... and pinpointing the day everything changed for the worse. [RtR]
- How valuable to this team is Mathieu Perreault? [Sick, Unbelievable]
- What to watch for the rest of the way. [hockey hourly]
- On that whole "window" thing. [Sick, Unbelievable]
- Notes from Thursday up in Hershey. [Patriot-News]
- Finally, happy 49th birthday to Mike Eagles and happy 52nd to Butsy Erickson.