March 19, 2012; Detroit, MI, USA; Washington Capitals left wing Alex Ovechkin (8) receives congratulations from goalie Braden Holtby (70) after scoring in the first period against the Detroit Red Wings at Joe Louis Arena. Mandatory Credit: Rick Osentoski-US PRESSWIRE
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's big win from us, Caps365 video (Hunter, Caps players), Vogs, Capitals Voice, NHL.com, WaPo (gamer, blog), WashTimes (gamer, blog), CSNW (gamer, blog, blog), 106.7 The Fan, Puck Daddy, PHT, SB Nation DC, Frankovic, Peerless, KOL, DSP, RMNB, RtR, and Outsiderhockey hourly.
- Roman Hamrlik doesn't understand why his teammates are can't just play the way they're supposed to play. [CSNW, PHT]
- Unsurprisingly, the Caps' drop in power-play opportunities is mostly attributable to a drop in the number of restraining fouls they're drawing. [WaPo]
- The numbers (well, some of them) say the Caps will be fine. [Backhand Shelf]
- With your help, we can eliminate the frivolous use of "must-win" in our lifetime. [Sick, Unbelievable]
- The Times is running a series on Hunter's impact on London Knights hockey... as epilogue or prologue? [WashTimes]
- If the Caps are "[e]asily the most disappointing team of the NHL season"... what does that make San Jose? [ESPN]
- Finally, happy 29th birthday to Dennis Wideman (with more at CO).