UNIONDALE, NY - MARCH 13: Matt Hendricks #26 and Michal Neuvirth #30 of the Washington Capitals celebrate their 5-4 shootout victory over the New York Islanders at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on March 13, 2012 in Uniondale, New York. The Capitals defeated the Islanders 5-4 in the shootout. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Caps365 video (Hunter, Caps players), Vogs, Capitals Voice, NHL.com, WaPo (gamer, blog), WashTimes (gamer, story, blog, blog), CSNW (blog), SB Nation DC, Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB (and again), DSP, KOL, Examiner, Capitals Outsider and hockey hourly.
- I suppose we can have a chuckle at this since the Caps won. [Capital Games]
- The top line is suiting Brooks Laich just fine. [WaPo]
- Dmitry Orlov on Sunday: "I would like to score more." (Ooh, let me try: "I'd like to be rich and handsome." Hmm... it's not working.) [RMNB]
- Jay Beagle is living the dream (though the dream probably doesn't include taking three minor penalties in one game). [WaPo]
- A look at the Next Ones. [Dump 'n Chase]
- Of must-wins and "must-wins." [FanPost]
- Have the Caps invested in all the wrong places? [Sick, Unbelievable]
- One thing you've got with the Caps is stability (at least relative to the other local pro teams). [DC Sports Bog]
- All the dirt on noted bad guy Karl Alzner. [RtR]
- Notes from Tuesday's practice in Hershey. [Patriot-News, with more on the Bears from Tim Leone here]
- Speaking of Hershey, the Bears' forward corps will expand by one today as thev've signed UMass senior forward TJ Syner to a contract through next season. TJ was an invitee to the Caps' Development Camp this summer and made quite the impression with his speed. [Mass Live, stick tap to sk84fun_dc]
- Finally, happy 32nd birthday to Joe Motzko.