WASHINGTON, DC - JANUARY 24: Mathieu Perreault #85 of the Washington Capitals celebrates with teammates after scoring his third goal of the game against the Boston Bruins at the Verizon Center on January 24, 2012 in Washington, DC. Washington won the game 5-3. (Photo by Greg Fiume/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of today's brawl with the B's from Vogs, NHL.com, Peerless and CRtC, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Stanley Cup of Chowder for more coverage from the other side of today's match-up.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday out at Kettler:
- Today's must-read: What's wrong with Alex Ovechkin? [WaPo]
- Blueliners in the News, Part I: Mike Green got Shanabanned for the next three games for his Thursday night hit on the Bolts' Brett Connolly. [Puck Daddy, WaPo, WashTimes, CSNW, DCEx, DSP, PHT, RMNB]
- Blueliners in the News, Part II: Dennis Wideman is the Caps' Masterton Trophy nominee. (Congrats!) [WashTimes, WaPo, DCEx]
- Blueliners in the News, Part III: John Erskine broke his silence regarding his string of healthy scratches in a big way. [CSNW, Sporting News]
- So how's the East going to shake out? [WaPo]
- Karl Alzner did his weekly his with Chad and LaVar. [106.7 The Fan (audio)]
's game is in the toilet. No, really. [
- For the Caps, it's time to get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. [Homer McFanboy]
- AO's dozen OT goals in one place - worth a viewing. [FanPost]
- On the emergence of Jay Beagle. [Sick, Unbelievable]
- Tough loss for the Bears at the hand of the Caps. Wait, what? [Patriot-News]
- Finally, happy 32nd birthday to Stephen Peat and happy 39th to Martin Brochu.