WASHINGTON, DC - FEBRUARY 24: Alex Ovechkin #8 of the Washington Capitals celebrates after scoring a goal against the Montreal Canadiens at Verizon Center on February 24, 2012 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Caps365 video (Hunter, Caps players, Cunneyworth, Habs players), Vogs, , VoiceNHL.com, WaPo (gamer, blog), WashTimes (gamer), CSNW (gamer, blog, blog), DCEx, SB Nation DC, Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB, DSP, KOL, OFB, RtR, Examiner, Capitals Outsider, clydeorama (pics) and Caps by Puck (pics).
- Previews (and such) of tonight's tilt in Toronto from Vogs and NHL.com, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Pension Plan Puppets for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match-up.
- Finish strong, boys - like you have in the past. [Dump 'n Chase]
- The Caps now have bulletin board material (and if they ever need more, our comment sections would do nicely). [WaPo]
- As with everything Alexander Semin, there's no easy answer to "what do we do with this guy?" [Sick, Unbelievable]
- The day in deadline musings. [CSNW, Sporting News]
- Jason Arnott and David Steckel talk about the trade that sent them in opposite directions. [G&M]
- The news of the day that turned out to maybe not be big news at all related to an injury suffered by Evgeny Kuznetsov over in Russia. [Puck Daddy, WaPo, SB Nation DC]
- Finally, happy 26th birthday to Jeff Schultz, happy 41st to Byron Dafoe and happy 61st to Andre Peloffy.