Feb 22, 2012; Ottawa, ON, CAN; Ottawa Senators left wing Milan Michalek (9) scores against Washington Capitals goalie Tomas Vokoun (center) in the first period at Scotiabank Place. Mandatory Credit: Marc DesRosiers-US PRESSWIRE
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from us, Caps365 video (Hunter, Caps players), Vogs, NHL.com, WaPo (gamer), WashTimes (gamer), DCEx, CSNW (highlights, Beninati), PHT, SB Nation DC, Peerless, RMNB, DSP, and hockey hourly.
- Coach Hunter called out Tomas Vokoun ... [WaPo, WashTimes]
- ... and then agent Allan Walsh called out Coach Hunter. [WashTimes, Alex Ovetjkin]
- In other news, Alex Ovechkin sat out with a lower body injury ... [WaPo, WashTimes (and again), CSNW, NHL.com]
- ... and Roman Hamrlik sat out with healthy scratch syndrome amid swirling trade rumo(u)rs. [WaPo, WashTimes, CSNW, PHT, Le Grand Club (in French)]
- Mathieu Perreault scored a goal with his tongue. Dude. [Puck Daddy]
- The glass, half empty:
- The glass, half full:
- Trade deadline speculation:
- Here's a look at the play that may have injured Ovi. Grrrr. [RMNB]
- In an odd set of coincidences, both the Caps and the Hershey Bears lost yesterday by a score of 5-2, and both teams gave up a goal to one of the brothers Foligno. [SHoE, Patriot-News]
- Finally, happy 46th birthday to John Druce.