SAN JOSE, CA - JANUARY 07: Jason Chimera #25 of the Washington Capitals hits Joe Pavelski #8 of the San Jose Sharks at the HP Pavilion at San Jose on January 7, 2012 in San Jose, California.The Sharks defeated the Capitals 5-2. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday's loss from us, Caps365 video (Hunter, Caps players), Vogs, (audio), VoiceNHL.com, WaPo (gamer, blog, blog), WashTimes (gamer, blog, blog), CSNW (video), Frankovic, RMNB (gamer, blog), SB Nation DC, KOL, RtR and Hockey Hourly.
- Previews of tonight's soiree with the Sharks from Vogs, NHL.com and CRtC, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Fear The Fin for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match-up.
- A lowercase day for the Capitals. With bonus Jason Chimera tirade ... [Sporting News]
- ... and a pretty much forgettable week. [KOL]
- Perhaps Mike Milbury should call out Alex Semin between periods of every game for the remainder of the season. Sasha score! [PHT]
- All eyes on GM George McPhee. [Puckhead]
- Dads and their lads. Some pix from the 2012 Mentors' Trip. [Caps OT (one, two, three, four)]
- In which Canada declares war on the Southeast Division or something. [PostMedia News (and tangentially, TSN)]
- What were we talking about a year ago? The Japers' Rink Wayback Machine takes us to 2/13/2011. Plus ça change, and all that. [Japers' Rink]