Your savory breakfast links:
- No, really. It's National Hockey Card Day. The shoebox next to my desk rejoices. [NHL.com, Facebook, Upper Deck]
- With the Caps off yesterday, we were left to stew over that stunning loss to Winnipeg... [WashTimes (and again)]
- A quick look ahead to tomorrow's game against the Rangers. [NHL.com]
- Power plays are down League-wide and close to home. [Dump 'n Chase, NHL.com]
- Does Mike Knuble have anything left in the tank? Can we really know, given how he's being deployed? [WaPo, CSNW]
- Either way, are his days in D.C. numbered? [CSNW, PHT]
- As for acquisitions that could be a fit here in Washington, Steve Ott would look good in red (but you might want to ask Jason Chimera for his thoughts first). [KOL, with more deadline thoughts at RtR]
Karl Alzner did his weekly hit with LaVar Arrington and Chad Dukes and talked a bit about that Jets game (and, presumably unintentionally, refers to them as Atlanta). [106.7 The Fan (audio)]
- While we're talking 106.7 The Fan, they keep supporting hockey, new media and this site, as evidenced by the fact that they put me on the air with Chad and LaVar Thursday (listen here) and will be putting me on again with Danny Rouhier at 2:00 this afternoon. Support them by giving a listen when you can.
- Pictures from Caps Care Casino Night (a.k.a. photographic evidence that hockey players have atrocious taste in beer). [RMNB, DSP]
- And speaking of support, Defending The Blue Line can always use yours. [Capitals Outsider]
- The Bears prepared to face a familiar, uh, face... [Patriot-News]
- ... then took him down
in the only kind of Syracuse loss we like to see around here. [Patriot-News, SHOE]
- Finally, happy 35th birthday, Dwayne Hay (and yes, we got a little over-excited and wished him a happy birthday yesterday, but can you blame us? I mean, Dwayne Hay, y'all!).