WASHINGTON, DC - FEBRUARY 09: Evander Kane #9 of the Winnipeg Jets celebrates after scoring in the third period against the Washington Capitals at the Verizon Center on February 9, 2012 in Washington, DC. Winnipeg won the game 3-2 in a shootout. (Photo by Greg Fiume/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's shootout loss from us, Caps365 video (Hunter, Caps players, Noel, Jets players), Vogs, NHL.com, WaPo (gamer, blog), WashTimes (gamer, blog), CSNW (gamer, Beninati, Sorenson), 106.7 The Fan, SB Nation DC, Peerless, Frankovic, KOL, RMNB, DSP, OFB, RtR, Hockey Hourly, Sick Unbelievable, and clydeorama (pics).
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday's morning skate:
- In general. [Caps365 video (Two-Man Advantage, Morning Skate), Capitals Voice (audio), PreCap (audio)]
- Four words we hadn't expected to see together: Mike Knuble, healthy scratch. [Dump 'n' Chase, NHL.com, WaPo, WashTimes (and again), CSNW (and again (video), 106.7 The Fan]
- Mike Green skated for the third day in a row and looks to be 'on schedule', however that is defined. [WashTimes]
- Nick Backstrom's teammates understand his frustration. [WashTimes]
- Addressing shortcomings, forging an identity. [CapsOT]
- Along those lines, the injuries certainly aren't helping. [Hockey Primetime]
- And another look at Bruce vs. Dale [RMNB]
- Caption This! [Homer McFanboy]
- In a Michigan state of mind, Mike Knuble talks Frozen Four and a Winter classic in the Big House. [Be The Thunder, Wash Times]
- The Hershey Bears are gearing up to face the Syracuse Crunch and old friend Andrew Gordon tonight. [Patriot-News]
- Caps prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov had a stellar game for Team Russia, with a hard-working assist and a beauty breakaway (through traffic) goal for a 2-0 victory over Finland. [FanShot (video), RMNB, Alex Ovetjkin]
- Finally, happy 35th birthday, Dwayne Hay.