Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: players and owners ready for a face-to-face showdown, Orlov shows off his nasty side and Ovi wants back in the US...A.
Your savory breakfast links:
- If you missed Saturday's or Sunday's Clips, unmiss them now.
- The NHLPA has accepted the NHL's proposal to meet with the owners tomorrow - and without their respective mouthpieces. Interesting enough on its own; ten times more so considering one of the owners in the meeting will be noted friend to all, Jeremy Jacobs. [WaPo, Wash Times, Puck Daddy, Sportsnet, The Spin]
- Meeting without their hired gun may not be as good an option for the players as decertification would be. [CSNW]
- Remember how Alex Ovechkin threw down the gauntlet early on, saying perhaps he wouldn't return to the NHL? Well... the captain might be changing his tune. [vmdaily.ru (Google translate)]
- Catching up on the goings-on with future Caps that have been scattered around the globe in this month's prospect update. [DC Pro Sports Report]
- It might do us all a little good to find at least an inkling of sympathy for the referees, those brave people who don the stripes. Can't be easy to get everything wrong all the time, right? [THW]
- Happy 46th birthday to Ken Lovsin.
- And finally, light day around here so we leave you with this video of Dmitry Orlov throwing his weight around Saturday night (via RMNB):