Dmitri Mironov - Al Bello / Getty Images
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: updates on the lockout, wishes for "little Ovechkins", holiday greetings and more.
Your festive holiday links:
- Time to spread a little Yuletide cheer with your daily lockout update...
- There's no question that the NHL is losing a lot of cash as the lockout drags on - but it might amaze you to find out just how much. [Detroit News]
- Blame for this mess lies squarely on the shoulders of a select few who shall remain nameless (but shouldn't be too hard to guess). [Daily Breeze]
- The NHL might have seen revenues rise since the last lockout, but they're operating under a flawed business plan. [BHS]
- At 81 years old (and with more than a few Stanley Cup rings under his belt), Jean Beliveau has earned the right to an opinion - and when he talks, you listen. Hey NHL and NHLPA...you listening? [Gazette]
- If there's anything more adorable than 7-year-old Alex Ovechkin, it's Papa Ovechkin saying he wants "little Ovechkins". [Alex Ovetjkin]
- Joey Crabb and some of his fellow Alaskan NHLers are giving back to their hometown team and community - both on and off the ice. [ESPN]
- Wojtek Wolski is apparently icing an "All-Wolski" squad in Toronto this holiday. [@WojtekWolski16]
- Happy Holidays from the NHLPA... [KK]
- ...and from the NHL. Ha. [Puck Daddy]
- "'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the rink / Not a creature was stirring and it lacked players' stink..." Excellent. [Caps Outsider]
- Happy 61st birthday to Dave Kryskow, happy 61st birthday to Brian Stapleton and happy 47th birthday to Dmitri Mironov.
- And finally, from the Japers' Rink family to yours we wish all of you a safe and happy holiday!