4 Mar 1997: Center Adam Oates of the Washington Capitals looks on4 during a game against the Calgary Flames at the USAir Arena in Landover, Maryland. The Capitals won the game, 2-1. - Doug Pensinger /Allsport
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Thoughts on amnesty and other lockout news, Adam Oates heading to the Hall, and some minor league stuff.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Even as the League and the union continue to not comment on the discussions that have continued through the week, some few details/trial balloons have begun to emerge in the press:
- Amnesty, for one. And the first up against the wall would be... [NatPo, NBC4]
- Revenue sharing. Professor Mirtle breaks out the green eyeshade and a slide rule. [Globe and Mail]
- What colo(u)r is your CBA? Thirty teams each add a special clause to the final document. [Leafs Nation]
- Slow and steady. And also slow. [CBC]
- Arkady Rothenberg thinks Alex Ovechkin should stay in the K. Dynamo president Arkady Rothenberg, that is. [PHT, SB Nation DC]
- And it begins: Adam Oates Appreciation Weekend (presented by Haggar). [HHoF]
- Meanwhile, down on the farm, the Bears and Coach Oates are preparing for a three-in-three. Mattias Sjogren makes his return from sick bay, but Ryan Potulny and Dmitry Orlov are wearing the "no contact" sweaters. The hip-checking hockey god has a sadz. [Patriot-News (and again), Bears in Pictures)]
- Coach Oates will be behind the bench for the baby Pens game, then he'll pick up his drycleaning and head for Toronto.
- Royals goaltender Philipp Grubauer got pushed around a bit by the storm last week but is A-OK to take the net this weekend. [Caps Outsider]
- And Gru (with the rest of the team) will be rocking this beauty. Oh yes. [@RRoyalsHockey]
- :: pouring a little out for the late, great, Capital Centre :: [SB Nation DC]
- "The Rebuild." Many teams have tried it, only a few succeed. [NHL Numbers]
- Oh Bruce, tell us a story. [FanShot]
- Finally, happy 41st birthday to Sergei Berezin, and happy 49th to Brian Curran.