Your savory breakfast links:
- In case you missed it, all the news that's fit to clip from Saturday and Sunday (and seriously, go back and check 'em out - lots of good reading there).
- More on this weekend's charity game at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall, which raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for Hurricane Sandy relief (with more to come from us later, as well). [BSH, Wash Times]
- And of course where there are players and media, there will be questions to the players from the media about the lockout. [NYT, NYDN]
- Speaking of the "L" word, Gary Bettman disputes claims by the NHLPA that the two sides are close - saying, unsurprisingly, that the two sides are still far apart. And so we wait some more. [WaPo]
- Meanwhile the big market teams - aka the guys who stand to lose the most with no hockey - continue to have little voice in the negotiations. [NY Post]
- And down on the farm, the Bears shake off a 3-1 loss to the Phantoms on Saturday by putting a four-spot up on the Marlies Sunday afternoon... thus marking just the third time they've scored more than three goals this season. Celebrate the little things, folks. [Caps, CBC, Sportsnet]