Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Hamrlik and Neuvirth fire shots across the bow of the USS Solidarity, Wolski dodges some candy bars, and happy Nicklas Backstrom Day.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Czech, please:
- Roman Hamrlik added some clarification to his previous remarks but still stands behind them ... [Globe and Mail, TSN, THW, TSN (video)]
- ... and he has the support (and then some) of fellow countryman and Caps teammate Michal Neuvirth ... [Rink, PHT, TSN, Hockey Shopped]
- ... who may have been feelin' pretty good after recording his first shutout for Sparta Praha. [iDNES]
- Do these exchanges mean the unity armor worn by the union and the owners is starting to show some cracks? Maybe. And maybe that's a good thing. [PHT]
- Happy Nicklas Backstrom Day! He's turning 25.
- Dynamo Moscow is playing at home against Severstal. Perhaps Mean Lars will score the OT gamewinner.
- Heja Sverige! Bäckis has confirmed he will play for Tre Kronor in the Channel One Cup portion of the Euro Tour hockey tournament, to be held in Moscow December 13-16. That is, if he doesn't have other, more pressing business at the Verizon Center. [dn.se]
- CBS Sports is counting down the top 50 players "in" the NHL. Himself is
#99 #69 #19#14. [Eye on Hockey]
- Appreciatin'. [What's Up, Ya Sieve]
- A hazard of playing lockout hockey in Poland - dodging airborne chocolate bars. Wojtek Wolski reflects on what it means to play in and for his native land. [IIHF, Canoe.ca]
- Filip Forsberg says his hip is improving, he's back to light training for Leksand, and he will definitely be ready to play for Sweden at the WJCs. [Hockey Sverige]
- Finally, doin' good in the 'hood. [Hockey Shopped]