Your savory breakfast links:
- The lockout, it lingers:
- The Bettman has suggested a two-week moratorium on negotiations. The NHLPA is expected to respond sometime today. [ESPN, Puck Daddy]
- "Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives." Clearly, a Cheerless production. [Peerless]
floggingslockout will continue until morale improves. [Sporting News, Winnipeg Free Press]
- The players - generally optimistic. The owners - largely not. But why? [Puck Daddy]
- In which even the owners may be writing their legacies with this lockout... if you're willing to take a logical leap or two. [THN]
- The damage may be permanent. Gulp. [ESPN, Blue Jackets Xtra]
- 1... 2... 3... All your fault! [Montreal Gazette, Backhand Shelf, Toronto Star]
- Okay, enough unpleasantness.
- When the lockout ends, Nicklas Backstrom is ready to wear #19 again. [Alex Ovetjkin]
- SB Nation DC
- Olie Kolzig gives his State of Caps Goaltending Address. [Capitals Voice (audio)]
- Don Cherry is just like Dale Hunter. Practically twins, even. Ask anyone. [Globe & Mail]
- Kelly and Kip Miller's brother Kevin is in a bit of hot water for finishing his check in a game in Switzerland 12 years ago. [PHT]
- Happy 34th birthday to Josh Green.
- Finally, SB Nation loves you and wants to make you happy, to which end they will hook one winner up with a sweet 'lectronics package and fan cave makeover.** Good luck! [SB Nation]
**Hockey sold separately, quantities are limited.