Geoff Burke-US PRESSWIRE
Checking in with the Bears, the KHL Kaps kontingent and some former friends in today's Caps Clips.
Your savory (and weatherproof) breakfast links:
- Don't forget to catch up on the weekend Clips you may have missed.
- Nicklas Backstrom chats about life in Russia so far and his extensive Russian vocabulary (enjoy that cold beet soup, Nick). [Alex Ovetjkin]
- After dropping four of their first five games, the Hershey Bears finally managed to put together back-to-back wins over the weekend:
- A great look at the special relationship between the Hershey Bears and their fans, and why it's not your average small-market AHL team. [Globe & Mail]
- With the NHL out of action indefinitely, the AHL is getting its turn in the spotlight - and is taking full advantage. [Caps Outsider]
- A place to play hockey and a chance to get back to the NHL have led Former Cap Shaone Morrisonn over to Russia, where he's currently signed to a one-year deal with Spartak Moscow. [Yahoo!]
- In which Matt Hendricks and Zach Parise have a ceremonial faceoff for the Defending the Blue Line charity match from last night. That's paralyzed player Jack Jablonski dropping the puck. [@sarajsfish, Star-Tribune (photo gallery)]
- Happy 34th birthday to Chris Corrinet, happy 68th to Stan Gilbertson, and happy 53rd to Mike Gartner.
- And finally, remember that Hurricane Sandy is a heck of a lot meaner than Hurricane Eric Staal, so please be safe out there.