Geoff Burke-US PRESSWIRE
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Mean Lars reunited with Sasha, more lockout lunacy, and checking in on the Caps' kiddies.
Your savory breakfast links:
● The rumors have resolved to reality - Nicklas Backstrom heeded Alex Ovechkin's advice (and numerous phone calls) and has signed with Dynamo Moscow in the Kontinental Hockey League. Do svidaniya, Mean Lars. [Japers' Rink, WaPo, WashTimes, PHT, Eye on Hockey, NBC4]
● Of course, this signing just throws the lockout into sharper relief. The players provided the league with three counter-offers today, none of which was apparently acceptable. [WaPo, NYT, ESPN, Toronto Sun, NYDN, Globe & Mail]
○ Here's the gist of the players' proposals. [Globe & Mail]
○ But maybe there's a way out behind door number three. [CBC]
○ When "mutual" isn't really. [WashTimes]
● Where are they now? Lockout alt-hockey Caps prospect edition:
● Finally, happy 29th birthday to Boyd Gordon.