The Caps have just sent out an email to Season Ticket Holders promoting their upcoming Halloween free skate in which "skaters are encouraged to wear costumes on the ice". That is one of the
stupider bolder moves I've seen from a team in a while.
They will be lucky if the fans don't show up with torches and pitch forks "in costume" as an angry mob.
What are you thinking of dressing up as? Here are a few suggestions for anyone who hasn't picked out a costume yet.
- Show up as your empty seat at the Verizon center
- Dress up as your favorite star Capital ($$$ - entails a flight to Europe)
- Dress up as your favorite grinder Capital (note, you will have to use the public facilities with the, [gasp], general public! Eww.)
- Dress up as Matt Bradley and paint cuts, bruises and blood all over your face. (budget option: just wear a Gary Bettman mask through downtown Toronto)
- Dress up as an NHL owner (entails standing at the rink's front door and not letting anyone in)
- Dress up as Donald Fehr (note: at the beginning of the skate everyone will be supportive of you, after about 20 minutes, everyone will be spitting on you)
- Dress up as yourself (note: you will need to bring ~$4,000 per person to get in, but they will slowly give you your money back as the skate goes on. WITH 1% INTEREST!! YEAH!)
What's your idea for a good costume!?