Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from us, Caps365 video (Hunter, Caps players), Vogs, (audio), VoiceNHL.com, WaPo (gamer), WashTimes (gamer), CSNW (report, Beninati), DCEx, Peerless, RMNB, KOL, DSP, hockey yelling and Caps by Puck (pics), and from the Sharks' perspective, Pet the Shark.
- The official word from the Caps' spokespersons is "tightening", but Mike Green's groin took him out of the game last night (with an assist by Andrew Desjardins). [RMNB, WashTimes, WaPo, CSNW]
- And the official word from the Caps' spokespersons is "precautionary", but Nick Backstrom's noggin kept him out of practice as well as the game. [WashTimes (and again), WaPo (and again)]
- Over in Hershey, the Bears washed away the sting of their Outdoor Classic loss with a 5-2 rematch victory, 152 penalty minutes, a jersey auction that netted over $57,000 and celebrity sightings of Ray Bourque and Steve Pinizzotto. [DSP, SHoE, Patriot-News, PA Puck]
- Realignment, and the rejection thereof by the NHLPA, are in the news this weekend.
- Finally, happy birthday to Ted Leonsis. May all your wishes come true!