Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's battle with the
conscientious objectorsB's from Vogs, NHL.com, WashTimes, SB Nation DC, Peerless, RMNB and CRtC, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Stanley Cup of Chowder for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match-up.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday's practice:
- And in bigger news, yesterday's Tale of Two Supplemental Discipline Decisions:
- Zbynek Michalek got nothing - no suspension, no fine, no loss of TV privileges or dessert - for the elbow he delivered to the back of Matt Hendricks' head, driving Hendricks face-first into the boards. [Puck Daddy, WashTimes, WaPo, SB Nation DC]
- Alex Ovechkin, however, had the Shanahammer dropped on him to the tune of an unpaid three-game suspension for his bad hit on Michalek. [Dump 'n Chase, Puck Daddy (and again), WashTimes (and more and more and a transcript of the explanation), WaPo (and more), DCEx, CSNW, 106.7 The Fan, WTOP, PHT, SB Nation DC, Frankovic, Peerless, Examiner, RMNB, Hockey Hourly, Sick Unbelievable, Nosebleeds, hockey yelling]
- Tomas Kundratek has been reassigned to Hershey. [WashTimes]
- Breaking down the overtime breakdown against Pitt. [WashTimes]
- Mike Knuble stays positive despite his tough season. [KOL]
- Stats matter to geeks like us... do they matter to the guys posting the numbers? [OFB]
- Twenty-four goalies in the League better than Tomas Vokoun? I'll take the under. [THN, via @davegisaac]
- Has the proverbial window shut? (And if so, should Thompson Creek work that into an ad campaign? I'm thinking, "The window has closed on these Capitals... have you done the same to Old Man Winter?") [Homer McFanboy]
- Hocky 'n Heels, y'all. [Capitals Outsider]
- The upside of being suspended? Free time to buy stuff for the new house! [Business Insider]
- Finally, happy 39th birthday to the Ferraro twins, Chris and Peter and happy 63rd to Guy Charron.