Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from Caps365 video (Boudreau, players), NHL.com, Vogs, WashTimes (Whyno), CI (Carrera), CW (Whyno here, and here), SB Nation DC and On The Forecheck (Preds).
- As time wound down in the game last night, word filtered out that Braden Holtby was en route back to Washington from Hershey as "[Michal] Neuvirth is nursing a minor injury and for precautionary reasons will be given a day off." Gulp? [WashTimes (Whyno, and again), CI (Carrera), SB Nation DC]
- Last night notwithstanding, expectations for the Caps are sky high. [USA Today (Allen), ESPN Insider ($), ESPN (Burnside), Puck Daddy, CW (Whyno), Capitals Outsider]
- Top-ten projected League goal scorers. [Hockey Prospectus (Willis, $)]
- Prognosticatin' Jay Beagle and Karl Alzner. [Peerless, Peerless]
- Cody Eakin is working on his faceoffs... [CW (Whyno)]
- ... and recently received his Western Hockey League championship
- Chris Bourque gets some pixels in his hometown press. [Salem News]
- Alexander Semin is interviewed in English... [CI (El-Bashir)]
- ... and Alex Ovechkin is interviewed in Russian. [Alex Ovetjkin]
- So you wanna be a hockey player? Here's some helpful tips. [RtR]
- Celebrating Caps fandom. [Box Seats (Weissman), and to help a Caps fan in very minor need, "Like" this guy's dorm room so he can win some contest]
- Finally, happy 47th birthday to John Tucker and happy 61st to Rolf Edberg.