From the shoebox next to JP's desk.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Ready, set, DevCamp. [Official Media Guide, Official Japers' Rink Guide, CI (Carrera), CW (Whyno), DCEx (McNally), CapsNewsNetwork, News from the Nosebleeds, Caps DevCamp 2011 tumblr, @galixon_97]
- Anxious to trade Alexander Semin? You probably shouldn't be. [Insider2 (Greenberg)]
- The new-look Caps will have some grizzle to go along with all that grit. [CBS Washington (Elfin)]
- Jeff Halpern continues his media barnstorming tour. [CBS Washington, Half Smokes]
- Mike Knuble sat down with Mike Vogel on Breakdown Day. [Caps365 (video)]
- Two more games that mattered. [Maple Leafs @ Caps (12-6-10), Flyers @ Caps (11-7-10)]
- Picture Mike Green, Nick Backstrom, and John Carlson, keeping it real while boot shopping for the Calgary Stampede. [@oneandonly_dman]
- Look out League, next season Marcus Johansson may need to register those guns. [Landskrona Direct, via GoogleTrans]
- On MoJo as a 2C. [CRtC]
- So there you have it. Semyon Varlamov is officially an Avalanche. The Colorado cage is all yours, Varly. Best wishes. [Denver Post: Dater (blog, story), Goalie Guild (audio)]
- A bunch of NHL general managers might like a mulligan on the 2010 entry draft. Especially the 14 GMs who picked a forward not named Evgeny Kuznetsov. [The Copper & Blue]
- In former Caps/Bears news, Brian Willsie has signed with the Canadiens organization and Bryan Helmer has won the AHL President's Award (and the Oklahoma City Examiner wins an award for the most awkwardly written article.)
- The 4th annual Dave Fay Memorial Hockey Game and charity auction takes place at Kettler on Saturday, July 23 at 4:30. Lots o' stars, lots o' goodies to bid on, and it all helps to "Put Cancer on Ice."
- Backchecking with Dennis Maruk. [THN]
- Finally, happy 60th birthday to Leif Svensson, happy 56th birthday to Greg Smith, and happy 48th birthday to Mike Ridley.