WASHINGTON - APRIL 28: Josh Gorges #26 of the Montreal Canadiens is hit into the boards by Scott Walker #24 of the Washington Capitals in Game Seven of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2010 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Verizon Center on April 28, 2010 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Alex Ovechkin is a little bit excited that Tomas Vokoun is on his side now... [SB Nation DC]
- ... and be sure to check out the rest of AO's recent sit-down with Mike Vogel. [Caps365 (video), CI (Applebaum), ESPN]
- So far, so good this summer... [WashTimes (Whyno), CI (Carrera)]
- ... as Matt Hendricks would agree. [CI (Carrera)]
- Olie Kolzig is taking to his new role rather nicely. [WaPo (Carrera), RMNB]
- In case you missed any of the team's coverage of their Development Camp, here it is - all of it - in one place. [Capitals Overtime]
- By the way, Ovie's still a pretty good hockey player... [RLS]
- ... even if 34 players were better even-strength goal-scorers than he was last year. [TSN (Cullen)]
- In 2005 the CBC aired a documentary called "The Hockey Nomad Goes to Russia." Parts One, Two, and Three are linked here (there are more but you'll need to click for yourselves.) All of it is amazing, but beginning at about the two minute mark of Part Two (and continuing into Part Three) you will have a much deeper appreciation for "Zenia" Kuznetsov and his family and their journey. Bring tissues, and a sense of wonder. [Part One, Part Two, Part Three]
- Related: Part One features a couple of guys named Alex.
- Speaking of Kuznetsov, he participated in a recent photo shoot for HC Traktor. He says he's about 5 weeks ahead of schedule in his rehab and will accompany the team to their training camp in Switzerland, though he'll apparently be working out with the goalies. Traktor's preseason kicks off against Metallurg Magnitogorsk on August 15. [HC Traktor via GoogleTrans]
- Another farewell to Brads. [Blonde Girl's Guide]
- Finally, happy 38th birthday to Scott Walker.