Your savory breakfast links:
- Memorial Cup update:
- Cody Eakin and the Kootenay Ice clawed back from a 0-2 first period deficit to defeat the Owen Sound Attack by a final of 7-3. The Attack's Memorial Cup run is over; the Ice advance to the semifinal. [Globe and Mail, CBC.ca, NHL.com, National Post, Hockey Independent, RLD, The Pipeline Show, Buzzing the Net (and again), Open Ice Hockey]
- Eakin had an end-to-end beauty rush up the ice to set up Joe Antilla for the shorthanded GTG, a beauty of a one-timer to make it 5-2 (check out the pic at the bottom of the post), and a beauty of an empty netter for the exclamation point. Beauty. [Buzzing the Net]
- "If you want it it's there for the taking." [Postmedia]
- Video highlights. [MasterCard Memorial Cup site, Sportsnet.ca]
- Tonight's game is the semifinal match to determine which team will advance to face Stanislav Galiev and the Saint John Sea Dogs for the Memorial Cup. The puck drops at seven for Kootenay @ Mississauga St. Michael's Majors.
- On RFAs, offer sheets, and David Poile. [Dump'n'Chase]
- A look at Mike Knuble's season. [CI (Carrera)]
- Over in Russia, meet the (probable) new boss, subject to the same exterior influences as the old boss. [Alex Ovetjkin]
- Did you know that Baltimore is getting a new sports arena? It's awf'lly shiney. And empty. [Balto. Biz Journal]
- Catching up with Kelly Miller. [Freep]
- Happy 47th birthday, Chris Felix.
- And finally... flyin', scorin' Eakin:
makes it 5-2 Kootenay in the third period of the Memorial Cup tiebreaker game.
(Photo credit: Scott Vankoughnett for Open Ice Hockey)