Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Caps365 video (Boudreau, players), Vogs, NHL.com (Lozo: gamer, article; Masisak: article, article), WashTimes (Whyno: gamer, article; Daly: column), WaPo (Carrera: blog, gamer; Boswell: column), DCEx (McNally: gamer, blog), CSN Washington (O'Halloran, O'Halloran, Beninati), ESPN (Burnside, with a bit more), 106.7 The Fan (Kerstein), PHT, Frankovic, Peerless, SB Nation DC, RMNB , RtR, RLS, Caps Outsider, KOL, WC2010, CRtC, Capitals News Network, Caps Degenerate, StC, Ross Hollebon (video) and Sick Unbelievable (recap, top tweets), and for the view from the other side, NY Post (Brooks: gamer, notes), Ranger Rants, Newsday (Staple; $), Blue Notes ($), Blueshirts Blog, Hockey Rodent, Scotty Hockey and Blueshirt Banter.
- "Can you hear us?" (Sure, MSG. If by "us" you mean "a pin drop.") [Puck Daddy, Toronto Sun, NY Post (Vaccaro)]
- Happy Bruce is happy. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- What Mike Knuble's absence means to the team... [CW (Whyno), DCEx (McNally), CI (Carrera)]
- ... and the opportunity it presents to Eric Fehr and Jason Chimera. [NHL.com (Masisak), DCEx (McNally), CI (Carerra, Carrera), CW (Whyno, Whyno)]
- Heroes may emerge (should've called106.7 The Fan (Elfin)] ). [
- The whole "Marc Staal and Dan Girardi can stop Alex Ovechkin" storyline might be more narrative than fact. [Insider2]
- Rangers writers and fans cling to the "history of chokes" life-preserver. [NY Post (Everson)]
- The Curse of Seven Games. [Peerless]
- Another "the Caps play defense now" article. [SI (Cazeneuve)]
- The case for John Carlson for Calder. [DCEx (McNally)]
- Michal Neuvirth has been quality this season... but maybe not quite as quality as you'd thought. [Hockey Prospectus]
- On a religious conversion of sorts. [WaPo (McCartney)]
- What the Caps and other tree-huggin' teams have done for Earth Day. [NHL.com]
Cody Eakin takes one
forfrom the team. Yikes. [Cranbrook Daily Townsman]
- Happy 34th birthday to Miika Elomo, happy 41st birthday to Stew Malgunas and happy 54th birthday to Mark Lofthouse.
- Finally, today in Caps/Rangers history:
- 1990 Patrick Division Finals: Dale Hunter and Alan May provide the momentum, John Druce provides a hattie, and the Caps take Game Two by a 6-3 count to even the series and start a four-game run to end it.
- 1986 Patrick Division Finals: Caps take Game Three in New York by that same 6-3 score (John Barrett with the game-winner) to take a 2-1 series lead.