WASHINGTON, DC - APRIL 13: Alexander Semin #28 of the Washington Capitals scores the game winning goal at 18:24 of overtime against the New York Rangers in Game One of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals during the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Verizon Center on April 13, 2011 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Caps365 video (Boudreau, players), Vogs, NHL.com (Masisak), WashTimes (Whyno, Daly), WaPo (Carrera: blog, gamer), CSN Washington (Beninati, O'Halloran), ESPN (Burnside), 106.7 The Fan (Kerstein), Puck Daddy, PHT, Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB, Caps Outsider, OFB, CRtC, , News NetworkWe Love DC, Examiner (Hoffman), clydeorama (pics), Caps In Pictures (pics), bridgetds (pics) and Ross Hollebon (pics), and for a (blogger's) view from the other side, Scotty Hockey and Blueshirt Banter.
- Highlight o' the night. [ESPN SportsCenter]
- You and your ponchos, you crazy Rink kids. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- Welcome back Alexander Semin, we've missed you so. [CSN Video, CW (Whyno, and again), Puck Daddy (Chesnokov), From Russia With Glove, Smoke Degrees]
- Ditto for Mike Green. [ESPN (Burnside), CW (Whyno)]
- 'Twas a successful NHL playoff debut for Michal Neuvirth. Truth. [WashTimes (Starkey), CSN Washington (O'Halloran), WaPo (Hamilton)]
- Mike Knuble hams it up but his quotes are anything but canned. [WashTimes (Daly)]
- D.C. Sports Bog] speaks of overtime and a goal-scorers' confidence. [
- Gotta love Alan May's reaction to the game-winner. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- w00t! Dennis Wideman's return to hockey could be measured in weeks, not months. [CI]
- Embracing change, Alex Ovechkin-style. [ESPN]
- Thank you, GM George McPhee. [Ross Hollebon's Sports Pub]
- Another playoff series starts tonight, as the Hershey Bears take on the Charlotte Checkers at the Giant Center. [Hershey Bears]
- Finally, happy 44th birthday to Alain Cote and happy 48th birthday to Paul MacDermid.