SUNRISE FL - JANUARY 11: Eric Fehr #16 of the Washington Capitals battles behind the net with Rostislav Olesz #85 of the Florida Panthers on January 11 2011 at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise Florida. The Panthers defeated the Capitals 4-3 in overtime. (Photo by Joel Auerbach/Getty Images)
Your savory Sunday brunch links:
- Previews of this evening's contest with the Kitties from Vogs, NHL.com (Masisak), Peerless, WC2010, CRtC and RtR, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Litter Box Cats for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match up.
- Reminder: The puck drops at 5:00pm for this game, and the Japers' Game Day Thread drops at three.
- An eight-point division standings swing and first place in the Southeast are up for grabs in this pair of games in the Sunshine State. The showdown with Tampa looms, but don't get caught looking past the Panthers. [WaPo (Carrera), CI]
- The Panthers/Bolts back-to-back series seems an opportune time to examine the Caps' even-strength scoring chances against non-playoff and playoff-bound teams. [FanPost]
- The Caps' penalty kill, then and now, in pictures. [RMNB]
- Painting the playoff picture, by-the-numbers. [Capital Spirit]
"I've already decided. I remain to play for "Tractor" in the next [season]. This decision is final and irrevocable." Evgeny Kuznetsov's North American debut will just have to wait. [Hockey Pravda]
- ...but his MHL season is moving along nicely, as his hat-trick yesterday helped his Polar Bears secure the 16th and final slot in the Kharlamov Cup playoffs. They play their final regular season game today, and the first round of the playoffs begins against Ufa Tolpar on March 12. Of note: Kuznetsov appears to be playing on the wing. [HC Traktor]
- In the meantime, OFB TV
- Caps Outsider
- Finally, a Rorschach test of sorts: