Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's shootout loss from Caps365 video (Boudreau, players), Vogs, NHL.com, WaPo (Wang: blog, gamer), WashTimes (Whyno: blog, blog, blog, gamer), DCEx (McNally: blog, gamer), 106.7 The Fan (Kerstein), CSN Washington (Beninati, O'Halloran, O'Halloran), Peerless, Frankovic, CapsNewsNetwork, SB Nation DC, Skate Skate SHOOT, KOL, CRtC, bridgetds (pics), clydeorama (pics) and Caps In Pictures (pics), and from the Hurricanes perspective, Canes Country and Red and Black Hockey.
- Prognosis for the return of Mike Green: Iffy? [Sporting News]
- The "Goal of the Week" for March 21-27 was a shootout goal. By a Cap. Who didn't get the nod last night. [PHT]
- Sasha good, Sasha bad, oh what a night our Sasha had! [Chirps From The Ledge]
- Alex Ovechkin, through the years, in pictures. [CSN Washington]
- Off the ice, Jason Arnott is exactly what the doctor (or captain) ordered. [WashTimes (Whyno)]
- Henrik Sedin had a bunch of nice things to say about his fellow Hart Trophy winner too. [Sports Haze]
- So, Matt Bradley, what happened to your eye? "I got hit in a fight here [points] and I got hit with a puck in the eye at the end of the Montreal game. It looks worse than it is." [RtR]
- Being the 1C goalie has its ups and downs. Fortunately, Braden Holtby can make the transition easily... [Lebanon Daily News]
- ...and that's a good trait for a man on the verge of NHL stardom. [John Walton (audio interview)]
- Admit it. When you think "line brawl," you're thinking Mathieu Perreault. [RMNB]
- The State of the Stingrays
Addressblog post. [Rays the Roof]
- Prospect playoff update:
- The Kootenay Ice fell to 1-2 in their series against Moose Jaw. Cody Eakin went 0-0-0, minus-1 in a 3-0 loss.
- Sam Carrier had a goal, an assist, and drew a penalty that turned into a "goal for" in Lewiston's 4-2 win over Moncton. The MAINEiacs lead their series 2-1.
- The Mississauga St. Michaels Majors have a 3-0 lead over Belleville. Brett Flemming had an assist and a plus-1 rating in St. Mike's 4-0 shutout win.
Stan Galiev has been getting his snipe on... [New Brunswick Telegraph Journal]
- ...and you can see some examples in these videos from the Sea Dogs' first two playoff games. Stas has the first and the seventh goals in the first game, and the second goal in game two. [Station Nation]
- And the St. John Sea Dogs are one victory from advancing to Round Two of the Q playoffs. Galiev had a goal and an even rating as the Dogs beat Cape Breton 5-1.
- Finally, happy 40th birthday to Jamie Heward and happy 58th to Dennis Ververgaert, and here's to the memory of the late Doug Wickenheiser, who would have turned 50 today.