5 – Games this season in which a Capitals defenseman other than Mike Green skated more than the 26:44 that Dennis Wideman played in his first game as a Capital. Those five games plus Wideman's Caps debut, in order of total ice time (click on times for game info):
- John Carlson, February 6 (27:46 of 60:00)
- Carlson, November 22 (27:11 of 60:00)
- Scott Hannan, December 23 (27:09 of 65:00)
- Carlson, February 25 (26:50 of 60:00)
- Carlson, February 4 (26:49 of 60:00)
- Wideman, March 1 (26:44 of 61:55)
Addendum: Of note (as was pointed out in the comments by sk84fun_dc), the first four games listed above involved another defenseman leaving the game early, meaning that Wideman's first game as a Cap represented the second-most minutes played by a Caps blueliner other than Green in a game in which the team had all six defensemen available for the entire game. Drives home the point, doesn't it?