NEWARK NJ - NOVEMBER 22: Henrik Tallinder #7 of the New Jersey Devils is hit by Alex Ovechkin #8 of the Washington Capitals at the Prudential Center on November 22 2010 in Newark New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's dance with the Devils from Vogs, NHL.com (Morreale), WaPo (Carrera), Peerless, CRtC and RtR, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner In Lou We Trust for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match-up (for which there's a Puck Buddys viewing party, btw).
- All of these tight games lately are good preparation for the playoffs... we hope. [Capitals Watch]
- On the simple changes that have turned the season around. [Yahoo! (Cotsonika)]
- The Caps have been energized by the trade deadline additions to the team... [CI (Carrera)]
- ... one of whom has been an absolute workhorse. [Dump 'n Chase]
Braden Holtby "might give the Caps the best chance at playoff success." [ESPN (Burnside)]
- Arturs Irbe talks about the goalies on The LaVar Arrington Show (sans Mr. Dukes on this day). [106.7 The Fan (audio)]
- Collectors are talking about Holtby as well. [Canada Card World]
- It's a delicate balance between safety and physicality in the NHL says GMGM. [NHL.com]
- Some well-deserved Bruce love. [Box Seats (El-Alaily)]
- 5,500 or so words on Alex Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby (and that's just part one of two). [n+1]
- Ovi makes it into the big sports bar in the sky. [ESPN (Reilly)]
- A baker's dozen things we learned from "I'm a Caps Fan." [SB Nation, with more at Puck Daddy]
- AO being awesome. [Cowichan News Leader]
- (Sham)rockin' the red. [Ross Hollebon's Sports Pub, with a bit more on St. Paddy's day at RMNB]
- Talking pucks and drinking adult beverages with my good friends Nate Ewell and CSN Washington's Kellie Cowan. [Skate Skate SHOOT]
- Evgeny Kuznetsov says all the not-so-right things. [Sports Haze]
- A couple of Caps' prospects are in Hockey East action this weekend. Here's the scoop on 'em. [College Hockey Inc.]
- Per the HHoF, on this date back in 1989, "Dino Ciccarelli scored four goals and added three assists to set a Washington club record with seven points, in an 8-2 Capitals' win over the Whalers at Harford. It was the 15th hat trick of Ciccarelli's NHL career and his first with Washington."
- Finally,Jonas Johansson, happy 33rd to Jan Bulis, happy 37th to Brantt Myhres, and happy 39th to Craig Johnson.
27th birthday to