MONTREAL, CANADA - MARCH 15: Marcus Johansson #90 of the Washington Capitals celebrates his third period goal during the NHL game against the Montreal Canadiens at the Bell Centre on March 15, 2011 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The Capitals defeated the Canadiens 4-2. (Photo by Richard Wolowicz/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's win from us, Caps365 video (Boudreau, players), Vogs, NHL.com (Basu), WaPo (Carrera: blog, gamer), WashTimes (Whyno), CSN Washington (Beninati, O'Halloran), Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB, SB Nation DC, PHT, KOL, Capitals News Network, CRtC, Montreal Gazette (gamer, pics).
- Previews of tonight's rumble with the Red Wings from Vogs, NHL.com (Kreiser), Peerless, Barry Melrose Rocks, CRtC, RtR, and Puck Buddys, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Winging It In Motown and also the Detroit Free Press for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match-up.
- Oh hell yes - Remy's new jam (featuring a Jeff Schultz jersey and some Caps blogosphere cameos). [CSN Washington (video)]
- Fight card: Bradley vs. Mara. [HockeyFights]
- In which a performance of The Alex Ovechkin and P.K. Subban Show pays dividends - for the Caps. [Daily Hab-It]
- While the Canadiens are looking back to see what they could have done differently, the Wings are looking forward to the visit from the Beast of the East. [Kukla's Korner]
- Hey, that Jason Arnott fellow sure has helped his new team. And then he goes and gets hurt. Now what? [Homer McFanboy, CI, DCEx, NHL.com (Basu)]
- This week's "Caps are scoring less, but more committed to team defense" interviewee is Mike Knuble . [NHLPA.com]
- He may wear #70 now, but Braden Holtby may just have what it takes to be #1... [OFB]
- ...so it's probably a good thing that Nolan Schaefer is settling in nicely at Hershey. [Stack the Pads]
- Caps prospect defenseman Brett Flemming and his work ethic and plus-58 rating are getting some attention. Sorry BearsNation, he's got a Memorial Cup to play for still. [The Hockey News]
- Whereas Caps prospect goaltender Philipp Grubauer is getting attention of the unfortunate medical kind. He remains in Germany, waiting out the effects of mononucleosis. [The Whig]
- And prospective prospect forward Andy Miele has fond memories of his time attending Caps DevCamp this past summer. That's encouraging, because he's kind of good. Maybe even Hobey Baker good. [Rink Rebel]
- The lesson is always be wearing Caps gear, 'cause you never know who you might meet. [Hollebon's Sports Pub]
- Finally, happy 29th birthday to Louis Robitaille, happy 33rd birthday to Brian Willsie, happy 40th birthday to David Harlock, and a sticktap to the memory of Roger Crozier, who would have turned 69 today.