WASHINGTON DC - FEBRUARY 25: Derek Stepan #21 of the New York Rangers passes the puck around Mike Green #52 of the Washington Capitals during the first period at the Verizon Center on February 25 2011 in Washington DC. (Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Japers' Rink Radio hits the interwaves today at 10 Eastern. Pepper and Russell welcome former Caps beat reporter and current editor/staff writer for NHL.com Corey Masisak as the Caps and the hockey chatterati start stocking the bunkers for Trade Deadline Monday. Grab your phone charger, a Twitter handle and some MRE's and join us, won't you? [JRR]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's ugly loss from us, Vogs, NHL.com, DCEx (McNally: blog, gamer), WaPo (Carrera: gamer), Caps365 video (Boudreau, players), CSN Washington (Beninati, Hughes), NBC Washington, Peerless, Frankovic, RMNB, SB Nation DC, TBD.com (blog, gamer), Capitals News Network, WC2010, KOL, CRtC, All We Do Is Puck, pics by bridgetds, clydeorama and Caps in Pictures.
- Previews of tonight's duel with the Isles from Vogs, NHL.com (Kreiser), RtR, and CRtC, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Lighthouse Hockey for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match-up.
- Reax and discussion of the hit by Derek Stepan on Mike Green. Get well soon, Greener. We miss you lots. [Puck Daddy, Sporting News, CI, SB Nation DC, RMNB, SNYRangersBlog.com, Bleeding All Blue, Canyon of Blueshirts]
- Warning: Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. [NHL.com]
- In which direction might the trade winds be blowing?
- Ask yourself this, Caps fans. [OFB]
- Or perhaps you should ask Evgeny Kuznetsov . He likes answering awkward fan questions! [RMNB]
- And finally, happy 20th birthday to Caps prospect D-man Brett Flemming. His team is tops in the OHL with a ticket already punched to the Memorial Cup, and he leads the league with an incredible plus-44. Many happy returns, Brett!