Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight's rumble with the Vogs, NHL.com, SB Nation DC, Peerless and CRtC, and be sure to check out our SB Nation partner Blueshirt Banter for more coverage from the other side of tonight's match-up.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday's practice out at Kettler:
- Tomas Vokoun is ready to take the number one goaltender job and run (or skate) with it. [WashTimes]
- Not breaking news: the Caps haven't been great lately... [WaPo, ESPN, CSNW (video), Nosebleeds]
- ... leading to a predictable round of "guess it wasn't the coach" musings... [106.7 The Fan, CSNW, Puck 'N Hockey]
- ... and speculation as to whether or not this team needs another jolt. [CBC, CSNW (video), KOL]
- The team's been especially brutal away from the friendly confines of Verizon Center. Why? [DSP]
- There was a time when we all wanted the Caps to be the 2008-09 Pittsburgh Penguins; now the best we can hope for might be the 2009-10 Philadelphia Flyers. [Peerless]
- Second verse, same as the first, could've been better but it was actually worse. [WashTimes]
- Counting down the top ten Caps stories of 2011, starting with number ten. Duh. [Peerless]
- Roman Hamrlik fan fiction? Roman Hamrlik fan fiction. [Sick, Unbelievable]
- Cody Eakin is keeping his eyes on the NHL prize. [DSP]
- Eakin's Bears skunked the Baby Pens last night. [Patriot-News, SHOE]
- Prospect Patrick Wey is getting healthy, which is good for the Boston College Eagles. [@bchockeyblog1]
- Finally, happy 35th birthday to Benoit Gratton (and happy 22nd, Tomas Kundtratek).