Your savory breakfast links:
- Japers' Rink Radio comes at you tomorrow morning at 10:00 with another jam-packed episode.
- Notes and assorted whatnot from yesterday's practice (and when people said Alex Ovechkin needed a shot in the arm, I don't think this is what they meant). [Caps365 video (Boudreau, Ovechkin, Poti/Chimera), NHL.com (Masisak), DCEx, CI]
- A final (we think) look back at the brilliance that was 24/7. [Puck Daddy, Y! (Cotsonika, with an interesting note on Mike Green) SB Nation DC, Puck The Media, The A.V. Club, PHT, Bourne's Blog, PensBlog, Pens Universe, CI]
- Fan of The Wire George McPhee on the show and the Winter Classic. [Caps365 (video), Dump 'n Chase, DCEx, Capitals News Network, CI]
- Yesterday's radio hits:
- Professor Frankovic hands out midterm grades. [Frankovic]
Mike Milbury on the Winter Classic. [CBC (Milbury)]
- Handing out some midseason hardware. [Insider2]
- Naming names, namely the organization's three stars of the week. [RtR]
- Can star players turn it on in the playoffs? [RMNB]
- Are the Caps contenders or pretenders? [Box Seats]
- That dude who DJ's (?) that song (?) that the Caps play when they win talks about the Caps playing that song (?) when they win. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- Vote early. Vote often. Vote Bears. [SHOE]
- GMGM: "There is probably no doubt that (Evgeni Kuznetsov) has the ability to play in the NHL right now." Hot. [USA Today, with more on the Caps' kids at WJC over at CI]
- For Josh Godfrey, the dream is still alive. [Post and Courier]
- Per the HHoF, on this date back in 1989, "Washington's Mike Ridley became just the fourth NHL player to assist on all six of his team's goals in a game (and set a Nicky.
' team record for most assists in one game) in a 6-3 win against the ." Still waiting on you to break that one,
- Finally, happy 55th birthday to Mike Liut, happy 45th to Randy Burridge, and happy 39th to Donald Brashear.