PHILADELPHIA PA - JANUARY 18: Alex Ovechkin #8 of the Washington Capitals reacts after being hit in the head during the game against the Philadelphia Flyers at the Wells Fargo Center on January 18 2011 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night's loss from us, Vogs, NHL.com (Rosen), WaPo (Carrera: blog, gamer), DCEx (McNally: blog, gamer), CSN Washington (Beninati), Caps365 video (Boudreau, players), Frankovic, Peerless, RMNB, TBD (Chamberlain), KOL, Capitals News Network, WC2010, StC, Caps 'Round the Clock, and The700Level and BSH for the Flyers perspective.
- Another "What's wrong with Alex Ovechkin?" post... [TFP]
- ... and a Top Ten list on the subject. [Capitals Outsider]
- Speaking of AO, nice SNL cameo. [D.C. Sports Bog]
- Semyon Varlamov is giving the Caps plenty of chances to win games. [Puck Prospectus]
- Is it time to send the Caps' best forward over the past few weeks to the AHL? [OFB]
- The Caps continue to be a work in progress. (Are we sure they're progressing?) [The Checking Line]
- On carrying your partner. [RLS]
- Zdeno Chara is a lot cooler than we'd previously thought. [Puck Daddy]
- For those of us lucky enough to have gotten to know Nate Ewell, this is a great read. I'd imagine it is for those of you who didn't as well. [OFB]
- The Bears have had a tough (by their recent standards) first half, but still have just one goal for the season. [Patriot-News (Leone)]
- Finally, happy 45th birthday to Sylvain Cote.